Wednesday 19 December 2012

2012 Christmas Ornaments

We are less than a week away from Christmas, so I thought I would share some of the ornaments that I have made for 2012. The first is the time capsule Christmas ornament. I decided that this will be a yearly tradition for our new family. You write down significant things that happened that year on strips of paper, curl them and put them in a glass ornament for that year. I made one last year, so you can see pictures and a tutorial by clicking here.

 


I also made an ornament with our wedding invitation inside, which was inspired by Pinterest of course! I also made a few more of these for wedding gifts, but I can't find a picture of them! I think that it's a really cool way to keep and display your wedding invitation. One thing that fascinates me about Christmas is that ornaments will stick around in your family FOREVER! I love the nostalgia of opening the giant rubbermaid tote full of Christmas decorations and bringing back all the memories you have of years past. These ornaments are made in the same way as the time capsule ornaments, and again you can see the tutorial here.


Pinterest vs. Reality: Wedding Invitation Ornament

No comments:

Post a Comment