Tuesday 13 November 2012

Hamburger Macaroni Soup


Here is a recipe I semi-made up loosely based on a soup that my Grandma made for us once, but I lost the recipe! I have no idea whether this is close or not, but my husband and I both enjoyed it! Feel free to substitute any vegetables that you like and to adjust the recipe as you desire. 

Ingredients
Ground beef
1 ½ cups elbow macaroni
1 can tomatoes
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 package or can mushrooms
1 cup chopped carrots
2 cups water
Spices (optional)
Grated cheese to top (optional)

Brown the ground beef in a large pot with a bit of oil. Add the chopped onions and other vegetables. Add the can of tomatoes, water, and macaroni. Simmer for about 20 minutes on medium-high heat or until the macaroni is cooked to your liking. Add salt, pepper, and spices if desired. Top with grated cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment