Monday 9 January 2012

Christmas Crafts: Part 4 - Time Capsule Ornament

One last Christmas craft to share with you guys :) This one was inspired by Pinterest, but I can't remember exactly which link gave me the idea for this one. Since Jordan and I just got engaged this year, I figured this might be a nice family tradition for us to start. This craft is pretty easy, and a great way to reflect on the past year.


What You Need:
- glass ornament (found them at Michael's)
- cardstock
- pen
- scissors or cutting board
- ribbon
- glitter

Use your cutting board or scissors to cut thin strips of paper. I did thin red ones as filler, and thicker white ones.


Write significant events or memories from the past year on the paper strips. If you want to get creative, you could really write anything on the strips- names of family members, birthdays, Bible verses, quotes, special dates, etc.






Then you curl the strips of paper by wrapping them around a pencil or marker. you can loosen it a bit after you curl it, depending on your preference.


Put all of your strips into the ornament through the top opening (take off the metal part). Add some glitter using a funnel (I made one out of scrap wrapping paper) and give it a good shake!


Add a tag with the year written on it and tie it to the top with a ribbon. I cut one out with my cricut, but you could cut one with scissors or buy one.


This project turned out really well, I'm really happy with it! I hope that we'll be able to continue this tradition for years to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment